Monday, August 30, 2010

The Last Recruit - The Post LOST Watch

Okay, so the DVDs are out. Are you catching up? Commenting on the blog? Have you given up? (It kind of feels like it!)

I have to wait until my birthday to get the full series on DVD. I am Netflixing season six in the mean time. Got disk five, because I *had* to see the extras on it. Now I am waiting for disk one so I can start over.

In the meantime, next on the list is The Last Recruit. How will our opinion of the episode change as we see it again?

On a different note, I am completely and utterly devastated that LOST was shut out at the Emmys AGAIN. At least there were nominations, but with the exception of some of the Schmemmys (Kathy Griffin's word for the Creative Arts Emmys) where some Emmys might have been awarded to LOST (and I don't know), it was a complete failure. I mean, I know Mad Men is a great show and everything, but to overlook Emerson and O'Quinn (maybe they sort of canceled each other out?) and the series as well? Oh mylanta. (It doesn't help that Glee, my other favorite show, was passed over by the most part - except for the much-deserving Jane Lynch!)

The one bright light of the Emmys was Jorge's participation in the opening sequence. FanTABulous!

3 comments:

flgrl said...

I couldn't believe they didn't win anything either! I was certain that Locke would bring it home. Oh well.

As for the blog itself, I do appreciate you keeping it going because I check back in every once in a while just to see what anyone might have said, but like I mentioned when the show ended, I'm kind of done with it for now. I'm hoping that a new show will come along in the fall that we can latch on to because I'd hate to completely lose this discussion forum.

Shelley said...

I feel the same way. I got season 6 in the mail, but believe it or not, I haven't even opened it yet. It's as if I'm waiting for my LOST-high to wear off before I do!

I just watched the Emmys clip on Huffingtonpost. Very cute!

Jim in Georgia said...

Greetings to all!

I haven't been checking for new threads like I should have.

Sadly, I guess Lost is "last season's news." "Sure, you guys were good, but what are ya gonna do for my ratings this season?"

After being notified twice a couple of weeks apart by Amazon.com that they were having trouble getting the Lost Encyclopedia from the publisher and could not predict a delivery date, I cancelled my order.

Television, in general, seems empty. AMC has an espionage/conspiracy thing called "Rubicon" with new episodes on Sundays; I recorded but have not yet watched the last one...

8) Jim